Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hobby Horse Blog Hop #2

1. My horse does this silly thing....
Roxy is a very funny horse, I always say it's her appy side that gives her so much personality. She has recently started doing something rather silly. I just started graining my girls again, Dolly gets a big scoop of senior feed, and Roxy gets a scoop of super 14 and a very minuscule amount of grain. Well Roxy has recently taken to getting both front feed into her grain bucket (a big rubber one on the ground). So while graining Dolly, Roxy gets both front feet into her bucket and waits for her grain. Silly little mare. 

2. What trick(s) have you taught your horse, dog, cat, husband, or kids?
Well no husband, or kids to train yet. My dog knows a few tricks, she can sit, lay down, stay, shake. Basic dog tricks. My horses I've always wanted to train some tricks to, but I find it hard to find time on the ground to actually consistently train them tricks. Oh wait! Now that I think about it, Roxy can bow! Her previous owner taught her this trick.

3. What was the last movie you watched?
I saw 21 Jump Street. SUCH A FUNNY MOVIE. Seriously, you guys should all go watch it. 

And now, my question to all of you!

Who is your favorite horse trainer?

My favorite is Craig Cameron. I met him at equine affair years ago (I gotta find the picture!). He was so down to earth, and so hilarious. Also a very effective, and realistic trainer. His methods are simple, logical and work! 

5 comments:

  1. Silly Roxy! I would love to teach Shy to bow, we are working our way up to that.
    I can't say I have a favorite trainer, but I will look into Craig Cameron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out Stacy Westfall too! I met her at a different year of Equine Affair, and her horse (I believe it's name is Roxy!) is fantastic. She's really sweet, and very talented too.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad that you joined the blog hop. That's funny that Roxy stands in her feed bin. I should have mentioned that Pippin sucks his bin when he gets down to the last little bit. Some day I want to get a video of it!

    I've seen Craig Cameron at a presentation and I liked him, too. I really admire the trainers who connect so well with horses, without causing panic or pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just saw your link on the hop. Funny how your Roxy puts her feet in her feeder. My favorite trainers are local trainers that I can work with. There are a few I really enjoy. They aren't nationally known, but they have helped me and my horse progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Once Upon. My favorite trainer is a local dressage trainer (and friend) who has taught me so much. Other than her I don't really have a favorite. I like to learn a little about a lot of different methods and use what I like (like clicker training) and ignore the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete