Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Fantastic New Life of Gideon

Gideon was re-homed about 5 months after being rescued. I started him on barrels, and he had absolutely no interest in being an arena horse. So up went the craigslist ad. It just didn't seem fair to force Gideon into an arena horse life that he didn't enjoy. I am so thankful that I found him the great trail family he lives with now.

Gideon lives in an absolutely lovely pasture in the mountains with two beautiful mares. He trail rides nearly everyday! He is his new father's first trail horse. Gideon is finishing filling out nicely, while in their care. I have regular communication with his new owner, and we are even planning a trail ride in the near future. I'll get to ride him too! I am so excited to see how far they have taken him. It is impossible not to be happy when I found him such a wonderful home.

Here are the most recent photos that I was sent of my handsome little boy!





1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for Gideon! What a great home. It has to be nice to keep in touch with his new family, too. Good job with him :)

    ReplyDelete